Hi. I'm Kato.
My Experience and Credentials
I have been involved with therapy for more than a decade. I have been in private practice since 2015 and trained at the very highly reputed Toronto Institute of Relational Psychotherapy—one of the best Institutes in the field. I am also adjunct faculty at York University where I have been teaching as a Professor of Gender History and Sexuality Studies for the last 15 years.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario; CRPO
- DipTirp (Toronto Institute of Relational Psychotherapy
- PhD (History/Sexuality Studies) York University, Toronto
- CAPT (Canadian Association for Psychodynamic Therapy)
- Member, TICP (Toronto Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis)
- Member, IARRP (International Association of Relational Psychotherapists and Psychoanalysts)
A New Chapter
Perhaps these experiences or genetics have led us into addictions as coping mechanisms, or have resulted in other ways that we dealt with the exterior world, but these mechanisms no longer work—in fact they
are causing pain—to yourself and to others. Or maybe we are looking to get in touch with the best parts of our being. Paying attention to all of these beliefs, thoughts, and emotions can help us change the stories that we tell ourselves. And a good therapeutic relationship can help us do that. It’s the beginning of a new chapter, a new story of our lives.